Academy of Teaching seeks proposals for spring conference
The Academy of Teaching seeks presentation proposals for its spring conference that reflect the theme "Pandemic Pedagogies."
The conference is being planned as an in-person event*, taking place on Monday, May 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Longaberger Alumni House, 2000 Olentangy River Rd.
The Academy invites participants and presenters to consider how teaching during both social and health pandemics has compelled us to adapt and rethink our ways of teaching and reaching students. In what ways have these events led us to consider new approaches to teaching as frameworks for compassionate and equity-minded education?
Conference topics will combine COVID-19 lessons learned with a vision for moving forward as we continue to work towards inclusive teaching practices in multiple modalities.
Proposals are currenty being accepted for 20-minute presentations in the following areas:
- Teaching in multiple modalities
- Reaching students in online environments
- Woke pedagogies (e.g. trauma-informed, anti-racist, decolonial)
- The hybrid service-learning classroom
- Approaches to teaching graduate and professional students
The deadline for submissions is 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 25.
* The conference may be converted to virtual as COVID-19 circumstances dictate.