An endorsement is a credential provided by the Drake Institute to identify and recognize faculty, staff and students who pursue excellence in teaching by participating in professional learning programs at The Ohio State University. The Drake Institute awards endorsements three times each academic year.
To successfully complete an endorsement:
- Complete the Endorsement Interest form at any time during the year.
- Review the endorsement requirements (see Participation Requirements and Program Elements for the endorsement you are interested in completing).
- Track your participation at events contributing toward the endorsement, including date, event title, facilitator name and hours.
- Once all requirements are completed, submit the Endorsement Application form. You will be prompted to provide information about the professional learning events/sessions or workshops you attended. In addition, you will be asked to: a) describe two or three highlights of the endorsment program, the changes you made or will make to your teaching practices in the short- and long-term, and how you might share your experience and findings with peers. You also have the opportunity to upload any additional endorsement artifacts, if required (see item 2). For guidance on how to write the self-reflection, see the rubric.
- May 13: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- June 24: Digital Award Letters Sent
- Aug. 12: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- Sept. 23: Digital Award Letters Sent
- Dec. 19: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- Jan. 20: Digital Award Letters Sent
- May 12: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- Jun. 16: Digital Award Letters Sent
Proposal of a New Endorsement
Departments and colleges interested in submitting existing or prospective programs to be considered as an endorsement should contact us to express intent and prepare for submission of a formal Endorsement Proposal.