An endorsement is a credential provided by the Drake Institute to identify and recognize faculty, staff and students who pursue excellence in teaching by participating in professional learning programs at The Ohio State University. The Drake Institute awards endorsements three times each academic year.
View steps to successfully complete a Teaching Endorsement.
- Complete the Endorsement Interest form at any time during the year.
- Review the endorsement requirements (see Participation Requirements and Program Elements for the endorsement you are interested in completing).
- Track your participation at events contributing toward the endorsement, including date, event title, facilitator name and hours.
- Once all requirements are completed, submit the Endorsement Application form. You will be prompted to provide information about the professional learning events/sessions or workshops you attended. In addition, you will be asked to: a) describe two or three highlights of the endorsment program, the changes you made or will make to your teaching practices in the short- and long-term, and how you might share your experience and findings with peers. You also have the opportunity to upload any additional endorsement artifacts, if required (see item 2). For guidance on how to write the self-reflection, see the rubric.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and awarded three times per year. View upcoming application deadlines and award dates.
- December 19th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- January 20th: Digital Award Letters Sent
- May 12th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- June 16th: Digital Award Letters Sent
- August 11th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- September 22nd: Digital Award Letters Sent