An endorsement is a credential provided by the Drake Institute to identify and recognize Ohio State faculty, staff and students who pursue excellence in teaching by participating in professional learning programs offered at the University. The Drake Institute awards endorsements three times each academic year.
Steps to Complete a Teaching Endorsement
View steps to successfully complete a Teaching Endorsement.
- Complete the Endorsement Interest form at any time.
- Review the endorsement requirements (see Participation Requirements and Program Elements for the endorsement you are interested in completing).
- Track your participation and retain documentation of events and criteria contributing toward the endorsement.
- Once all requirements are completed, submit your Endorsement Application. You will be prompted to provide documentation of the events you attended. Additionally, you will be asked to answer reflection-based essay questions on the following topics. For guidance on how to write the self-reflection, see our rubric.
- Highlights of the endorsment programming.
- Long-term and short-term changes or refinements to your teaching practices.
- Next steps and disseminating your professional learning experiences.
- Your application will be reviewed by Drake Institute staff. If your application is not approved, you will have the opportunity to resubmit. If your application is approved, you will be sent a digital award letter from Drake Institute Associate Vice Provost and Director, and will be awarded an endorsement certificate in Buckeye Learn. In addition to these accolades, graduate students completing an endorsement will have the achievement included on their official Ohio State transcript as a milestone. Please note: graduate students must apply prior to their final semester if they would like the milestone on their transcript.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and awarded three times per year. View upcoming application deadlines and award dates.
- August 11th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- September 22nd: Digital Award Letters Sent
- December 20th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- January 19th: Digital Award Letters Sent
- May 10th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- June 7th: Digital Award Letters Sent
- August 9th: Endorsement Applications Submission Deadline
- September 13th: Digital Award Letters Sent