The Michael V. Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning Affiliate program is designed to identify and recognize faculty, staff, and students dedicated to elevating, supporting and promoting instructional excellence and enhancing the learning outcomes and experiences of Ohio State University students through contributions to Drake Institute.
Drake Institute Affiliates share resources, participate in institute programs, disseminate research findings, contribute to SoTL/DEBR initiatives, forwarding the goal of the Drake Institute to ensure that instructors at the university have access to diverse and meaningful professional learning experiences, including educational development, instructional design, learning technology programming, teaching and learning experts, and research opportunities.
The Drake Institute Affiliate Program:
- Establishes a visible network of dedicated individuals who contribute to the teaching and learning mission of the university
- Facilitates connections among individuals, units, programs, departments, and colleges and to the Drake Institute as they engage in the teaching and learning mission of the university
- Creates a broad teaching and learning community to support multidisciplinary teaching and research relationships across the university
- Contributes research and publications that lead to enhanced recognition of the institute and university as leaders in teaching and learning
- Fosters relationships with individuals and groups at other colleges or universities to build inter-institutional research teams and networks.