Students come to college with diverse experiences with technology and move on to environments where technology will play an ever-expanding role. In this rapidly changing digital landscape, technology can support, enhance and even transform teaching practice, but many instructors feel unsure about how to integrate it into their course design and delivery. This endorsement will prepare you to provide an enriched educational experience by increasing your awareness and knowledge of how technology can enhance instruction, engage students and impact learning. You'll develop the strategies and skills needed to address learning outcomes in innovative ways, deliver content through multiple modes and develop efficient instructional practices by integrating various technology and media into your teaching.
- Explore how technology can support, enhance and transform teaching practice.
- Discuss issues and best practices around teaching and learning with technology.
- Investigate strategies for teaching in face-to-face, hybrid and online settings.
- Integrate Ohio State's supported toolset into course delivery.
- Incorporate technology into learning activities and assessments that address learning objectives in innovative ways.
Complete fourteen hours of training from the program elements below before submitting an application for endorsement.
- Core (5 hrs): Completion of the self-paced online course, Technology-Enhanced Teaching (including all quizzes) is required for endorsement.
- Electives (9 hrs): Attend nine or more hours of any other eligible workshops from Digital Learning in the Office of Academic Affairs. Find a list of eligible electives for this endorsement on our Endorsements for Educators page.
To browse upcoming offerings, visit the learning opportunities feed in the Teaching and Learning Resource Center. Contact the Educator Professional Learning team if you have questions about these offerings or your eligibility to apply for endorsement.
Learn more about all endorsement programs provided by Digital Learning in the Office of Academic Affairs on their Endorsements for Educators page.
VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPATION
The final teaching endorsement application will require you to upload the following:
- A BuckeyeLearn certificate for Technology-Enhanced Teaching
- BuckeyeLearn certificates for each qualifying workshop on technology-enhanced teaching you attended
View instructions to access BuckeyeLearn certificates here.