New Faculty FIT Teaching and Learning
Evidence-based classroom practices can increase student engagement, improve learning outcomes, and influence faculty success and enjoyment in teaching. The New Faculty FIT Teaching and Learning endorsement is a longitudinal year-long program which introduces new faculty and instructors to the multi-disciplinary community at Ohio State, as well as supports for teaching and learning. Cohort meetings provide institutional context for teaching and set the stage for positive student interactions. Workshops and web-based resources are highlighted. Mentorship from exemplary University instructors, and an individualized approach to professional learning are program highlights. Participants are able to form connections, develop pedagogical expertise, and reflect on/share goals and experiences related to their instructional roles.
- Understand institutional context for teaching
- Connect to a multi-disciplinary teaching community
- Understand the range of tools/support available to enhance teaching
- Develop familiarity with diverse students
- Reflect about teaching
- Attend the New Faculty FIT kickoff session at the fall New Faculty Orientation, or contact the Institute for Teaching and Learning for enrollment informaion.
- Complete the Teaching@OhioState Carmen course (all new faculty are automatically enrolled)
- Participate in a FIT Mentoring cohort
- Complete the “Reflect on Your Learning” questions in the online Endorsement Applicaton.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the FIT program.