Ohio State a member of National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and staff are reminded that Ohio State has an institutional membership with the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) is a nationally-recognized independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting scholars of all backgrounds in making successful transitions throughout their academic careers. Membership to NCFDD extends ODI capacity to support faculty and aspiring scholars and to provide additional resources to those pursuing doctorates and terminal degrees through access to rich resources.
As an institutional member, Ohio State instructors and staff have free access to:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To claim a free Institutional Membership, complete the following steps to set up an account:
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @osu.edu)
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
Questions about the membership should be directed to Sara M. Childers, director of Diversity Planning, Training, and Assessment for ODI, at email@example.com or 614-247-1624. This information is also available on the ODI website at https://odi.osu.edu/national-center-faculty-development-diversity.
Technical questions should be addressed to NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.