Just in Time Course Design
Looking for a leg up on planning your spring course? This session provides a brief overview of best practices and support for course design to help you get there. In this three-hour workshop on course design, participants will be provided with a basic structure, a variety of resources on design and range of delivery modalities, as well as opportunities to ask questions.
Pre-work required for this workshop. You will watch 4 short videos total (and complete work prior to the workshop. The first two videos are provided below - you will receive links to remaining videos along with handouts/worksheets when registration closes.
- Course Goals (link is external) (3.5 minutes)
- Learning Outcomes (link is external) (4.5 minutes)
- Assessing Student Learning (11 minutes)
- Assignments in Online Courses (10 minutes)
After this session participants will be able to
1. Identify the principles of backwards design
2. Use backwards design to align instructional decisions for the upcoming semester.
3. Identify further resources available to instructors for designing courses and when teaching.
You may register here.
If you have registered for this event, or are on the waitlist and require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate, please contact email@example.com . Requests should be made at least two weeks prior to the event, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.